استلهم هذا العدد نضالات تُعزّز الاقتناع أن «الأهالي هم الأمل والحل». من إبداعات لجان الأحياء في الانتفاضة الأولى في فلسطين إلى اللجان الشعبية في انتفاضات تونس ومصر المتجددة، إلى نضالات المرأة اليمنية والمغربية والمصرية في الحراك المستمر. نامل ان تساهموا في اغناء هذا الموقع … حتى نبقى على قيد الامل
The Janana Spring Mobile Festival has surely become the most-awaited event of the year where hundreds of children and youth gather to actively learn and creatively express themselves in a festive atmosphere celebrating Spring and Diversity.
This year’s Festival took place March 29 to April 2, 2013 touring Tripoli, Saida, Baalbak, Beirut, and Tyre. The program included various hands-on activities and workshops stimulating children to think and express themselves creatively. Storytelling, singing, music, drum circle beats and rhythms, communication skills, creative writing, and puppet making were some of these workshops. Music, interactive theater, and clown performances were also part of the program and drew a large crowd. The peak of the Festival was incontestably the Street Carnival where the children and youth joined artists and musicians and together danced in the streets.
AL-JANA/ARCPA works with communities that face marginalization in Lebanon in building on their strengths, and documenting and disseminating their empowering experiences and cultural contributions. Stemming from its work in the arts, AL-JANA also produces learning and creative resources by and for children and youth. (www.al-jana.org)
ARCPA/AL-JANA is seeking to employ a Project Officer for its office in Beirut.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and assist in the development of proposals, progress reports, and final reports as per donors requirements.
- Seek and solicit funding, under the guidance of the Program Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance of written proposals with donors’ strategies, conditions, and guidelines.
- Oversee the effective implementation of on-going projects through project coordination with team members as well as field visits.
- Ensure efficient resource allocation on supervised projects.
- Maintain open communication with donors, partners, and ARCPA team members
- Aid in drafting correspondence with donors, partners, …
- Translate relevant documents to facilitate work flow and work progress
- Mobilize and supervise volunteers.
- Represent ARCPA in meetings, conferences,…
Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in sociology, political science, or business administration
- Two years of relevant experience
- Fluency in speaking and writing English and Arabic. French is a plus.
Interested qualified personnel, meeting all the requirements can send their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the “Subject” Project Officer, not later than Friday 25 January 2013.
7th Jana International Film Festival For Children & Youth
The Arab Resource Center for Popular Arts (ARCPA/AL-JANA) is launching the “7th International Film Festival for Children & Youth” to be held during October 2013 under the title “A Door to Multiculturalism”. Its main aim is to bridge gaps between communities and promote international linkages across cultures. Films to be displayed should be produced by or for children and youth. Productions made by children and youth under the age of 20 years are strongly encouraged. Moreover, all nationalities are encouraged to apply by sending their film.
Call for Entries
Deadline for Submission: June 15, 2013
This project is funded by The European Union
P.O Box: 114/5017